Catching a Charizard is probably one of the most challenging things you encounter in the Pokémon games. It took me several attempts to capture Charizard using a regular Poke ball.
I was especially intrigued by how it could easily break from a powerful Poke Ball like Ultra Ball, but out of sheer luck; I was able to catch it using a regular red Poke Ball.
Since I have been a Charizard enthusiast for years, I will help you find out how you can catch a Charizard with a regular Poke Ball.
There is no easy way to capture a Charizard using a regular Poke Ball in the Pokémon games since it’s a difficult rare species of Pokémon.
However, to easily catch a Charizard, you need to follow these tips to catch it:
- First, you need to train your Pokémon to make sure that your team is at an advantage to catch a Charizard.
- Weaken the Charizard in a battle by lowering its health, but make sure not to knock it out to zero.
- Afflict the Charizard with a status condition, such as making it paralyzed or making it go to sleep using sleep powder.
- Go to the Bag option and select high catch rate Poké balls such as Ultra Balls and Master Balls to catch a Charizard. These are the most effective Poke Balls in capturing high-level Pokémon like Charizard.
- Increase the chances of capturing a Charizard by using status-enhancing items such as the Timer Ball and the Golden Razz Berry.
- Remember to save the game before catching a Charizard since if you are not lucky on the first attempt, you will have to try again.
⚾There are several steps to use Poke Balls in catching a Charizard, although catching it is not a sure bet. It requires patience and luck to be successful. You can use these steps to use Poke Balls in capturing Charizard:
- After weakening the Charizard and afflicting it with a status condition, go to the ‘Bag’ option and select high catch rate Poké balls such as Ultra Balls and Master Balls to catch a Charizard.
- ⛹🏿♂️ Throw the Ultra Ball or the Poke Ball you have selected from the Bag option at the Charizard
- Wait for the capture attempt, which depends on how you controlled your throw. The Charizard will shake the ground to show the catching progress.
- If the Charizard breaks from the Poke Ball, you will repeat the process using a different Poke Ball until the Charizard can no longer break free.
⚾Charizard, being one of the most powerful species in Pokémon, is very difficult to catch due to its low catch rate chances.
However, higher catch rates of poke balls like Ultra Ball can be used to catch a Charizard since they are the most effective type of pokéball and are best used for catching rare Pokémon like Charizard.
The table below shows other effective poke balls you can use to catch Charizard.
The most effective in catching higher level Pokémon like Charizard.
It is used to catch Charizard hidden in dark places or during the night.
It is most effective when you have been fighting Charizard for a long time and it has already made many turns.
It is very effective if you catch Charizard before or before it evolves from Charmander.
It is very effective when Charizard is in water areas.
#️⃣ There is no specific number of poke balls that are required to catch a Charizard in a Pokémon game.
For you to catch a Charizard in any Pokémon game, there are factors you have to consider, such as the type of Poke Ball you are using, the level you are in the Pokémon game, and the health of the Charizard before you catch one.
For you to catch a Charizard, you have to use very strong Poke Balls that have a greater catching rate when you compare them with normal Poke Balls.
These higher catch rate Poke Balls include Ultra Balls, Dusk Balls, and Timer Balls. Surprisingly, some gamers have used up to eighty Poke Balls before they could Catch a Charizard.
I can call that sheer luck since Charizard is one Pokémon that is difficult to catch with even the strongest Poke Balls.
Since I started playing Pokemon at a tender age, my love for the game kept growing. My passion is what inspired me to pursue video game journalism. This helped me gain immersive experience of 5 years. I have a lot of expertise in the gaming industry since I have been editing game-related content for a long time. Since I have also been studying this game in-depth for years, I am now a professional player. My desire is to share everything I know about Pokemon to help you broaden your knowledge on the game. You can read more about me on the about us page.