I have been a Pokémon enthusiast for years, and catching the most legendary Pokémon like Arceus in every Pokémon game has always been on my bucket list 😊.
After Nintendo held the special event to Catch Arceus in Brilliant Diamond, I wondered how I could get these mythical Pokémon even after the event had ended.
While many Pokemon are easy to get in normal gameplay, Arceus is a difficult one, considering it’s the God of all Pokemon.
Let’s continue reading to find out if you will be lucky to get Arceus in Brilliant Diamond and more.
What are the requirements for getting Arceus in Brilliant Diamond?
There are two main requirements for getting Arceus in Brilliant Diamond which include:
- Entering the Hall of Fame to receive the National Pokedex in the remakes.
- Clear all the main story missions in the Pokémon Legends: Arceus game and save the file on your Nintendo Switch system. The funny 😂bit is that you should catch Arceus in Pokémon Legend if you want to be lucky enough to get it in Brilliant Diamond.
How do you get Arceus in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond?
Arceus is one of the Mythical Pokémon that you can only get in Brilliant Diamond through a special event.
After you have met the above two conditions, follow these steps to get Arceus in Brilliant Diamond:
- Go back to your bedroom, not to sleep 😆 in Twinleaf Town, and get the Azure Flute. You can find the Flute in your Poke Ball case. Remember that the Azure Flute can only be obtained after downloading the updated software version 1.3.0.
- Take the Azure Flute to Spear Pillar atop Mount Coronet.
- Play the Azure Flute at the Spear Pillar for Arceus to appear upon hearing the sound.
- The Flute sound at the designated position will trigger a battle with Arceus. It is advisable to come with plenty of Pokémon Balls to get Arceus since it’s mighty.
Can you still get Arceus after the event has ended?
Yes, you can legitimately get Arceus after an event has ended by trading with a player who got Arceus from the special occasion while it was ongoing.
However, it is challenging 😢 to obtain Arceus legitimately after a special event has already ended since it is time-limited.
Remember that Arceus is a unique event Pokémon that can only be gotten legally through special events that Nintendo organizes.
You should also note that trading away Pokémon is an illegal activity on platforms that are not legit. Other ways you can use to get Arceus after the event has ended include:
- Enquiring if Arceus is available on the Global Trade System and if players are available to trade their Arceus.
- You might get lucky enough to receive Arceus randomly if someone trades it through Wonder Trade.
Can you transfer Arceus to Pokémon Brilliant Diamond?
Yes, you can transfer Arceus to Pokémon Brilliant Diamond as Brilliant Diamond is a loyal remake of Diamond and Pearl for the DS, making Arceus compatible with Brilliant Diamond.
However, the transfer ✈️cannot be done beyond Generation IV. The transfer also depends on the type of Pokémon game.
For instance, to transfer from Pokémon Scarlet and Violet:
- Transfer the Arceus to the HOME Box.
- Click the plus button to Save and then Exit.
- With Arceus in the HOME box, go ahead and choose Brilliant Diamond.
- Transfer Arceus from the HOME box to a PC Box in Brilliant Diamond.
- Click the plus button to save and exit again.
Remember that when you transfer Arceus to Brilliant Diamond, it can change its moves, such as gaining abilities, so that it can accommodate Brilliant Diamond.
Since I started playing Pokemon at a tender age, my love for the game kept growing. My passion is what inspired me to pursue video game journalism. This helped me gain immersive experience of 5 years. I have a lot of expertise in the gaming industry since I have been editing game-related content for a long time. Since I have also been studying this game in-depth for years, I am now a professional player. My desire is to share everything I know about Pokemon to help you broaden your knowledge on the game. You can read more about me on the about us page.