I have always loved Charizard, the fiery dragon-like Pokemon that can soar through the skies and breathe flames. Charizard is one of the most popular and powerful Pokemon in the franchise, and it has two different mega evolutions: Charizard X and Charizard Y.
But can you get Charizardite X, the item that triggers Charizard’s X form, in Pokemon Y, the game that features Charizard’s Y form? The answer is way more captivating than you might think.
In this article, I will explain how to obtain Charizardite X in Pokemon Y and why you might want to do so.
So, let’s get to it!😃
Obtaining Charizardite X in Pokémon Y requires some effort.
In Pokémon X, players can quickly obtain Charizardite X after defeating the third Gym Leader, Korrina. However, in Pokémon Y, players are given Charizardite Y instead. So, how can players of Pokémon Y get their hands on Charizardite X?
Players can trade Pokémon holding items in the game’s trading system, including Mega Stones. Therefore, to get Charizardite X in Pokémon Y, you’ll need to find a player with Pokémon X who is willing to trade a Pokémon holding Charizardite X.
An alternative way to obtain Charizardite X in the game is to buy it from the Stone Emporium located in Lumiose City💸.
Once you have completed the game, a man in the Stone Emporium will offer Mega Stones for sale, and he changes his stock every three days.
If you missed the opportunity to obtain Charizardite X from Professor Sycamore earlier, you can buy it from this man for 100,000 dollars💰.
To simplify things, here is a table showing ways you can get Charizardite X in Pokemon Y😇
|A friend or another player with Pokemon X and Charizardite X
|Finishing the game and visiting the shop every three days
Charizardite X is usually exclusive to Pokemon X, but there are ways to obtain it in other games as well🤗.
The level of your Pokemon does not affect your ability to get Charizardite X💪. However, you will be required to fulfill certain factors depending on your game. Here are some methods to get Charizardite X in different Pokemon games:
- In Pokemon X, you can get Charizardite X from Professor Sycamore if you choose Charmander as your starter Pokemon. Alternatively, you can buy it from the Stone Emporium in Lumiose City for 10,000 to 1,000,000, depending on your style rating.
- In Pokemon Y, you can trade with another player with Pokemon X and Charizardite X. You can also get it from some event distributions, such as the CoroCoro Charizard or the GameStop Charizard.
- In Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby Pokemon, you can find Charizardite X in the Fiery Path after defeating or capturing Groudon or Kyogre.
- In Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee, you can get Charizardite X from Blue at Professor Oak’s Laboratory after earning seven Badges.
- In Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, you can get Charizardite X from the Mystery Gift menu by entering the code “BDSPCHARIZARD” before January 31, 2024.
Can you use Charizardite X in battles👊?
You can use Charizardite X in battles to Mega Evolve your Charizard into Mega Charizard X.
Can you get Charizardite X before finishing the main story?
You can only get Charizardite X from the Stone Emporium after completing the main story.
Happy gaming! 🎮
Since I started playing Pokemon at a tender age, my love for the game kept growing. My passion is what inspired me to pursue video game journalism. This helped me gain immersive experience of 5 years. I have a lot of expertise in the gaming industry since I have been editing game-related content for a long time. Since I have also been studying this game in-depth for years, I am now a professional player. My desire is to share everything I know about Pokemon to help you broaden your knowledge on the game. You can read more about me on the about us page.