As a huge fan of Pokemon, catching and training these magical creatures on Nintendo 3ds has always been an exciting adventure. The excitement from it is incomparable.
After years of training, I decided to move to Nintendo Switch, which brought a whole new level of gaming experience.
With its advanced hardware, improved graphics, and enhanced controls, the Pokemon world is more immersive than ever before.
I did not want to leave my old Pokemon behind, so I transferred them to Switch to enjoy them to the fullest.
In this article, I will share my experience and guide you through the necessary steps to transfer your 3DS Pokemon.
Using Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Home, you can move your Pokemon from a Nintendo 3DS to a Nintendo Switch🎮. Here’s how to do it:
- Download the Pokemon Bank app on your Nintendo 3DS from the Nintendo eShop.
- After downloading, insert a Pokemon game cartridge into your Nintendo 3DS and launch it.
- Open the Pokemon Bank application on your Nintendo 3DS.
- Select the option to move your Pokemon from the Nintendo 3DS to Pokemon Bank.
- Download the Pokemon Home app on your Nintendo Switch from the e-shop.
Finally, follow these steps to move your 3ds Pokemon to Pokemon games on Nintendo Switch😁:
- Access the Pokemon Home app on your Nintendo Switch.
- Select the “Move” option to receive a Moving Key code.
- Open the Pokemon Bank app on your Nintendo 3DS
- Agree to the terms of transferring Pokemon to Pokemon Home.
- Click the Pokemon Bank boxes containing the Pokemon you want to transfer to Pokemon Home.
Here is a table summarizing the game and what application is needed for Pokemon transfer:
To transfer Pokémon from a Nintendo 3DS to a Nintendo Switch without utilizing Pokémon Bank is not easy. These alternative methods may involve additional tools.
Here are a couple of approaches:
- Utilizing Homebrew and PKHeX: This method requires a homebrew-enabled 3DS and a save editor known as PKHeX. The process involves backing up both games using the checkpoint app on the homebrew 3DS, inserting the SD card into the computer, opening PKHeX, extracting Pokémon from the generation 5 game, dragging them into the generation 7 game, exporting the save, overwriting the original backup, and finally restoring the save using the checkpoint app on the homebrew 3DS.
- Using PKSM: PKSM is a 3DS application designed to transfer Pokémon from any game pre-gen 8, including cartridges and virtual console games. The procedure entails extracting, then saving and moving the Pokémon from one save to another.
Transferring your Pokemon from 3DS to Switch is possible, even after the e-Shop has
*/8\\closed😁. You must have the Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter apps installed on your Nintendo 3DS before the e-Shop closes.
Once the e-shop has closed, you can still use these apps to transfer your Pokemon to your Nintendo Switch.
However, to transfer your Pokemon to Pokemon Sword or other games on the Switch, you must have a Pokemon Home subscription🤑.
You can transfer Pokemon from 3ds to Switch for free using the Pokemon Home and Pokemon Bank applications🥳. It is done by moving boxes of Pokemon from Pokemon Bank in 3DS to Pokemon Home in Switch.
This service used to have a subscription pass, but as of 27 March 2023 Pokemon Bank application is free for all trainers🎉.
However, you must have downloaded the app before 27 March 2023 to access this free service.
To say I am a die-hard fan is the least way to describe my love for Pokémon. I have grown up playing and studying everything there is to know about the game and anything related to it, giving me more than 18 years of as a player. I also have more than 10 years of experience in the gaming industry, creating content on different technology and gaming products. Now, with my experience, I want to share my passion and knowledge of Pokémon with all the other enthusiasts out there to help them learn and grow as they continue to explore this world filled with endless adventure and possibilities. You can read more about me on the about us page.