As a Pokémon enthusiast, Charizard has got to be one of my favorite raiders of all time. Its iconic ability to mega-evolve to Charizard X or Charizard Y is one of the many reasons I’m in love with this attacker.
Thanks to Stardust, you can get your favorite raider by accumulating the required amount of Stardust and trading it with your preferred Pokémon attacker. I’ll be a straight shooter and show you exactly how to trade Pokémon, shall we? 😎
How to trade Pokémon
First things first, for you to trade Pokémon, you need to meet specific requirements. Some of these include;
- You can only trade with players who are your friends in the game.
- Your friends must be in close proximity of 100 meters in real life.
- The participants must have at least a trainer level of 10.
- An initially traded Pokémon cannot be traded again.
- Shadow Pokémon and Mythical Pokémon cannot be traded, the likes of Mew and Celebi.
Now, let’s get to the nitty-gritty of how to execute the Pokémon trade 😉;
- Add a friend by; Sharing the code with the trainer you want to trade with from your friends’ list. The code typically has 12 characters. To access the code, go to the Map View, tap the Trainer section, and you’ll find it under the friends tab at the top of your screen.
- Click the Trade section and ensure your friend is on standby to join the trade.
- After your friend joins the trade, click on the Pokémon you want to trade, and its details will be shown. Tap the next button to continue.
- Once you have chosen your preferred Pokémon to trade with, click the confirmation button to finish the trade process.
You should note that the Combat Power and HP stats of the Pokémon will change and appear as a range after the trade .
The amount of Stardust required to purchase the Pokémon will be shown next to the trade confirmation button.
The amount of Candy received will also be displayed, and it is determined by how far the two Pokémon were from each other when they were caught. More distance equates to more Candy.
How much Stardust do you need to trade a shiny Charizard? 🤔
Stardust is the currency you use to trade a Pokémon. The cost of trade is affected by friendship levels; the higher your friendship status, the lower your cost of trading, and vice versa.
To trade a shiny Charizard, you need a range of 40,000-1000000 Stardust, depending on your friendship level and availability. Here’s the cost breakdown for a Shiny Charizard found in either of the player’s Pokedex;
Cost of Shiny Charizard
How much Stardust do you need to trade a Pokémon they don’t have?
To trade a Pokémon not in one of the participants’ Pokedex can cost up to 1,000,000 Stardust, depending on the friendship level.
Good friends can trade with Stardust of up to 1,000,000, great friends at 800,000, ultra friends at 80,000, and best friends at 40,000.
What’s the fastest way to accumulate Stardust?
- Try to hatch many eggs, especially your biggest eggs.
- Open up to 30 gifts 🎁every day.
- Catch something every day.
- Participate in as many player-versus-player (PVP) battles as you can.
As a Pokemon gaming expert, there is no Pokemon game that I have not played. The last 15 years have been quite entertaining since I have been playing this game and gaining more experience each day. My expertise has also given me the opportunity to participate in some of the greatest Pokemon tournaments. With such experience, I am enthusiastic about sharing my insights on Pokemon games with every Pokewolf reader to help you become a pro! You can read more about me on the about us page.