As an avid Pokemon enthusiast, I always search for these elusive, shiny creatures in the vibrant world of Pokemon. The excitement of encountering a shiny Pokemon is unexplainable, especially when it is the rarest one.
It certainly gives a sense of accomplishment. After completing many of my quests and acquiring several shiny Pokemon, I would like to share with you some ways to obtain them.
So, let us embark on this exciting journey together, exploring the hidden corners of Pokemon Violet, uncovering the secrets of shiny hunting, and just maybe we’ll stumble upon that rarest shiny Pokemon.
Let’s go, trainers!
Many players can attest that getting a Pokemon to look shiny is not easy, but some are harder to hunt shiny than others.
Here are some of the hardest shiny Pokemon to catch:
Special Breed Tauros
Tauros has new forms that received an underwhelming shiny form. The only difference between a shiny Tauros and a standard one is that a shiny Tauros’ face and mane swap colors to reflect their typing.
The Blaze and Aqua Breeds of Tauros are rare spawns and brutal to shiny hunt🤯, appearing in a herd of standard Tauros.
Tatsugiri are cute little pieces of sushi that have been given life. The shiny appearance of Curly and Stretchy is the same color as the standard Curly form, with only minimal differences.
Mimikyu is a difficult Pokemon to shiny hunt in Scarlet and Violet because its shine is predetermined by lighting⚡.
Flabebe and Floette
Flabebe and Floette are tiny, with heights of 4 and 8 inches, respectively. Their shiny forms have very few differences, making them hard to hunt.
The best shiny Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet is primarily subjective and based on personal preference, but some stand out for their unique colors and striking designs🤩.
Here are a few:
- Gholdengo is a steel and ghost-type Pokemon with a solid gold metallic appearance that carries a suitcase and has ornate lines throughout its frame.
- Houndstone, although not described in detail, is one of the best shiny Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet😍.
- Flutter Mane has Paradox form, which adds a Fairy sensation on top of the regular ghost.
- Girafarig or Farigiraf, also called Giirafarigs found in Paldea, evolved into Farigiraf, which has a longer neck and more hoodie-like features as the tail-face takes over the head.
- Great Tusk is an old species of Donphan and has a paradoxical design.
- Shroodle and Grafaia have one of the best shine in Scarlet and Violet, making them fan favorites.
The standard base odd of acquiring a shiny Pokemon is 1 in 4096📉. However, one can improve the chances of this odd with the following items:
- Shiny Charm– this item boosts the likelihood of encountering shiny Pokemon to 1 in 1,365.3. You can obtain it from Jacq after completing your Pokedex.
- Masuda Method- by breeding Pokemon from different countries, you can increase your chances of obtaining a shiny Pokemon.
- Outbreaks- defeating sixty Pokemon that appear in Mass Outbreaks can increase your shiny odds to a maximum of 1 in 1,365.67.
- Sparkling Power Sandwiches– Consuming sandwiches with Sparkling Power Level 3 can improve your chances of finding a shiny Pokemon to 1 in 1,024.38.
Here is a table summarizing the factors that can increase the odds of acquiring a shiny Pokemon😁:
1 in 1356.3
1 in 1356.67
Sparkling Powder Sandwiches
1 in 1024.38
It is important to note that combining the Shiny Charm and Sparkling Power Level 3 in Mass Outbreaks can increase your odds to 1 in 512.445.
To say I am a die-hard fan is the least way to describe my love for Pokémon. I have grown up playing and studying everything there is to know about the game and anything related to it, giving me more than 18 years of as a player. I also have more than 10 years of experience in the gaming industry, creating content on different technology and gaming products. Now, with my experience, I want to share my passion and knowledge of Pokémon with all the other enthusiasts out there to help them learn and grow as they continue to explore this world filled with endless adventure and possibilities. You can read more about me on the about us page.