As an avid Pokémon Go player, I’ve experienced the frustration of the game refusing to load. It’s a common issue that many of us face, often at the most inconvenient times.
As a Litten trainer, I’ve faced and overcome this issue, and I’m eager to share my insights with you. In this article, we’ll explore various troubleshooting methods for Pokémon Go.
Let’s navigate these technical glitches together and ensure a smooth Pokémon Go experience!
If Pokémon GO refuses to start, various factors such as a weak network connection, internal device glitches, or application bugs could be the culprits. Here are some potential solutions:🥳
- Restart your device and attempt to relaunch the game.
- Ensure your Pokémon GO app is updated to the latest version.
- Uninstall and then reinstall the Pokémon GO app.
- For Android users, clear the Pokémon GO app’s cache.
If Pokémon GO consistently crashes upon opening, potential issues like app glitches, network problems, or game bugs could be at play🤧. Consider these solutions:
- Delete the Pokémon GO app, visit the App Store, redownload, and reinstall Pokémon GO.
- Force quit the Pokémon GO app and reopen it.
- Restart your device.
If Pokémon GO is stuck on the loading screen, it might be related to your device’s battery-saving features😁. To resolve this:
- Disable battery-saving features: Go to Settings > Battery on iPhone and turn off “Low Power Mode.” On Android, navigate to Settings > Battery or Battery & Performance and disable “Power Saving Mode.”
- Clear the Pokémon GO app’s cache (For Android users).
- Force quit Pokémon GO and restart your phone.
Clearing the cache can resolve temporary issues and enhance the loading speed of the Pokémon GO app. These steps will help you clear your Cache:
1.Access the Settings app on your device.
2. Navigate to Storage > Games.
3. Select the Pokémon GO app.
4. Tap “Clear Cache.”
After clearing the cache, the loading speed in Pokémon GO should improve. Remember that the steps might vary based on your Android version and model.
For optimal performance, make sure to update the app to the latest version. Happy gaming! 🎮👾🕹️🏞️
Refreshing your game data in Pokémon GO can address various gameplay issues by essentially resetting the game’s data on your device. Follow these steps:
- Open the Pokémon GO app.
- Look at the bottom of the screen and Tap the Poké Ball icon.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Scroll down and choose Advanced Settings.
- Tap Refresh Game Data.
- Confirm the action by tapping Yes.
Here’s a table summarizing the steps:
Open the Pokémon GO app
Tap the Poké Ball icon
Select Advanced Settings
Tap Refresh Game Data
Confirm the action
Refreshing may untoggle Adventure Sync. If enabled, ensure it’s still on after refreshing. Keep your Pokémon GO experience smooth with these steps.🔄
Keep in mind that the steps outlined differ slightly based on your device model and operating system. If problems persist even after refreshing your game data, consider exploring additional troubleshooting methods like updating the app, verifying your internet connection, or opting for a reinstallation. 📱🌐
To say I am a die-hard fan is the least way to describe my love for Pokémon. I have grown up playing and studying everything there is to know about the game and anything related to it, giving me more than 18 years of as a player. I also have more than 10 years of experience in the gaming industry, creating content on different technology and gaming products. Now, with my experience, I want to share my passion and knowledge of Pokémon with all the other enthusiasts out there to help them learn and grow as they continue to explore this world filled with endless adventure and possibilities. You can read more about me on the about us page.