I have always been fascinated by Porygon. Just the thought of how this Pokémon lets me travel through space and shift shapes makes me so excited to talk about it.
I remember exploring the pixelated island and trying to cook delicious meals just to attract it, and those were the good old days.
Now that I am an expert, I’d like to share ways you can find the Pokémon Porygon and explain how I caught mine. Keep reading along, and I hope this article will help you obtain this mysterious Pokémon.
Let’s get started!
Porygon is a special Pokémon that requires a unique process to evolve😍. Here is how to do it:
- Acquire an Up-Grade- the first step to evolving a Porygon is to obtain an item called Up-Grade. Depending on the game version, it is in different locations.
- Give Porygon the Up-Grade– after acquiring it, give it to the Porygon to hold. This is done by accessing the Pokémon menu, selecting Up-Grade, and giving it to the Porygon. Remember, you can only get one Up-Grade per game, so give it to the Porygon you want to evolve the most.
- Trade Porygon– trade Porygon while it is holding the Up-Grade with another player🤩. After the trade, Porygon will evolve into Porygon2.
You can further evolve Porygon2 into Porygon-z with a dubious disc.
To evolve Porygon2 into Porygon-Z:
- Obtain a Dubious Disc.
- Give Porygon2 with the dubious disc to hold.
- Trade Porygon2 with another player while holding the Disc; after that, it will evolve into Porygon-z🥳.
In the main series games, Porygon evolves into porygon2 and Porygon-z only when traded😪 while holding the Up-Grade and Dubois Disc, respectively.
However, in Pokémon Go, one can evolve it without trading😁. Here is how to do it:
- To evolve Porygon into Porygon2, you must obtain an Up-Grade item and 50 Porygon Candy. You can get the candy by capturing and then releasing Porygon.
- After evolving Porygon2, you can evolve it into Porygon-Z by using a Sinnoh Stone item and 100 Porygon Candy.
Here is a table summarizing the Porygon’s evolution without trading🎮
Porygon to Porygon2
50 Porygon cady
Porygon2 to Porygon-z
100 Porygon cady
Deciding whether it is worth evolving, Porygon will mostly depend on your goals with the game😁.
Here are a few points to consider:
- Porygon-Z is a great Pokémon for sweeping with its boosted STAB tri-attack and hyper-beam. Its move pool is impressive, and its speed is pretty good.
- Porygon 2, on the other hand, is a beast with its higher defenses, making it an excellent wall or tank.
- To complete your Pokédex, evolving Porygon could be worth it just for the dex entry.
- Porygon is a possible community day Pokémon, but it’s unlikely to get any moves that would make it relevant.
- Some players argue that Porygon-Z could be more helpful even with perfect IVs.
Ultimately, whether it’s worth evolving Porygon depends on your goals and play style. If you want a strong sweeper💪, Porygon-Z could be a good choice.
But if you’re more interested in completing your Pokédex or potentially getting a shiny Porygon during a community day event, you might want to hold off on evolving Porygon.
To say I am a die-hard fan is the least way to describe my love for Pokémon. I have grown up playing and studying everything there is to know about the game and anything related to it, giving me more than 18 years of as a player. I also have more than 10 years of experience in the gaming industry, creating content on different technology and gaming products. Now, with my experience, I want to share my passion and knowledge of Pokémon with all the other enthusiasts out there to help them learn and grow as they continue to explore this world filled with endless adventure and possibilities. You can read more about me on the about us page.