I’ve encountered many fascinating creatures as a passionate admirer and Pokémon trainer. However, One Pokémon that has always intrigued me is Charizard, particularly its Mega Evolution, Charizard X.
This formidable creature has often left me pondering: is Charizard X a physical or special attacker? Could it possibly be a mixed attacker?
In this article, I’ll delve into my experiences and observations, backed by data, to shed light on the capabilities of Charizard X.
Join me as we explore the potential of this fiery dragon in the world of Pokémon battles.
Let’s dive in🥰!
A few things go into consideration when deciding whether Charizard is better as a physical or special attacker.
Firstly, Charizard’s base Special Attack stat is higher than its base Attack stat, which could make it more effective in special attacks. Secondly, Charizard has access to a wide range of physical and special attacks, which could be useful for various battle strategies.
Some players have found that Charizard can learn powerful physical moves such as Flare Blitz, Outrage, Dragon Dance, and Earthquake, while it can also learn special moves like Flamethrower, Heat Wave🔥, and Dragon Pulse.
If you’re considering Mega Evolution, Mega Charizard X and Y have different strengths. Mega Charizard X has an even Attack and Special Attack stat and benefits from the Tough Claws ability, which boosts contact moves’ power.
On the other hand, Mega Charizard Y has a higher Special Attack stat and benefits from the Drought ability, which increases the power of Fire-type moves😁.
Regular Charizard or Mega Charizard Y would be more effective as a special attacker. But if you’re using Mega Charizard X, it could be effective as a physical or special attacker, depending on the battle strategy.
Remember that these are just general guidelines; the best choice ultimately depends on your battle strategy and the rival’s team. With this information in mind, you can decide how to use Charizard in your battles best💪.
Yes, Mega Charizard X can potentially run a mixed-attack moveset🤩. Its strong offensive typing and strong STAB options, boosted by Tough Claws, make it capable of breaking through most of the metagame with near-unresisted STAB and coverage options.
One suggested Move set for Mega Charizard X is:
- Fire Spin and Blast Burn are highly recommended for attacking Pokémon in Gyms. This move combination offers one of the coolest moveset for PVP battles😝.
Here is a table showing other movesets that can be combined for a mixed attack:
What is the best moveset for Charizard X physical attack?
Here are the best moves for a physical attack moveset for Charizard X😁:
- Dragon Claw is a move that benefits from the Dragon type and can get a 30% damage boost from the Tough Claw’s ability.
- Flare Blitz is a Fire-type move that gains from STAB and the ability of Tough Claws.
- Shadow Claw is a Ghost-type move that captures the Tough Claws boost, but it’s not STAB.
- Flying Move such as Air Slash
The following moves are recommended for Mega Charizard X, as they can take advantage of its high Attack stat and the power boost from its Tough Claws ability .
Suppose you are looking for a special attack moveset for Charizard X. In that case, you may consider the following moves:
- Flare Blitz: This Move is one of the most mind-blowing fire-type moves for Charizard X. It can cause massive destruction and burn the opponent, but keep in mind that it can also lead to recoil damage🤯.
- Earthquake: This is Charizard X’s best Move to defeat Heatran and Toxapex and significantly destroy rock types like Mega Diancie and Tyranitar. It is also useful for safely overcoming Ground-weak steel types such as Magearna and Magnezone without recoil damage🥳.
As a Pokemon gaming expert, there is no Pokemon game that I have not played. The last 15 years have been quite entertaining since I have been playing this game and gaining more experience each day. My expertise has also given me the opportunity to participate in some of the greatest Pokemon tournaments. With such experience, I am enthusiastic about sharing my insights on Pokemon games with every Pokewolf reader to help you become a pro! You can read more about me on the about us page.